Shabby Blogs

Monday 22 June 2015

Birthday shaker balloon

Good morning folks, hope you are well. I am scheduling this post as I will be in Dublin when it goes live. Just a quick overnight visit with my hubby, brother, son and daughter-in-law to see a concert. 


This is the card I made for my Granddaughter's birthday last week. I used the bunny and sentiment from the latest Studio Calico card kit. I coloured the bunny with Copics. 


The sentiment is stamped with Magenta Archival Ink and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. 


For the balloon, I used some packaging that came with some eyelets. I saved the plastic cup part to use on cards. Then I just filled it with sequins and put a piece of acetate behind it. 


I used a Spellbinders circle die to cut the aperture in the card front and then just pushed the plastic cup through. 


The clouds are from the Lawn Fawn, Hello Sunshine set, and I went around the edge with a silver gel pen. 


The granddaughter stamp is from a Crafters Companion Sentimentals set and is stamped with Black Archival ink. 


I added some twine to the balloon and then finished the card off with a few sequins.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!