Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 11 August 2015

You've been on my mind

Good morning all, hope you're week is going well so far. Well after 3 and a half weeks I have finally made a new card. Yayyyyyyy ;o))


I dug through some of our stamp sets and came across this one from Simon Says Stamp that I hadn't used before. It's called Flowers on my ind.


I thought I would have a go at white embossing on Kraft card as I've seen quite a few cards around like this. 


I stamped the white flowers using Versamark Ink and then heat embossed them with Seafoam White embossing powder. The two dark flowers were stamped with Dye based ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder. 


The centres and background of the flowers were coloured with Spectrum Noir Pencils. I haven't used these very much at all, so thought I would give them a go on something simple. I definitely need lots of practice! 


The sentiment is from the same stamp set and again I stamped it with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with white powder. 


I cut the panel down to fit on a 6 x 6 scalloped Kraft card base and then used a piece of plum card to mat behind it. 


Then I finished it off by adding some dots with my white gel pen and putting some small jewels in the flower centres.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!