Shabby Blogs

Friday 22 July 2016

Sail away on your birthday

Good morning, hopefully this post is going live on Friday 22nd July while we are away lol.


Today's card is one I made for my son a few weeks ago. I used a Studio Calico map piece of card and then distress inked it with Tim Holtz inks. 


I used a couple of circle dies to create the porthole window and cut the top layer with a wood effect paper from the stash. Then I wrapped a white string twine around it.


The little sailing boat is cut with a Simon Says Stamp die from one of their older kits and the wavey paper is from the same set.


I used the circle from the centre of the porthole plus a smaller stitched circle for the sentiment and stamped it with a sentiment from the coordinating stamp set.


Then I added a smaller sentiment in the top corner from a Mamae Elephant set called Mini Messages.


I inked everything with the same distress inks to make it look a bit aged and then added it all to a 6 x 6 Kraft card blank.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!