Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 10 January 2018

Dahlia

Hello again!
I'm back today to share a lovely stamp from Concord and 9th.  This is the Dahlia turnabout and it makes some simple but stunning cards.


Setting up the stamp requires a little bit of fiddling to mark the centre of the stamp and create a jig for the turnabout action.  After that it is plain sailing.


For this version I used four shades of yellow ink.  These are the Pocketful of Sunshine set from Altenew.


Once dry I added some liquid pearls in buttercup to give some texture.  The final step was to add a stacked die cut sentiment.  

I love how this turned out and went on to make several more flowers in different colours. 


 I think my favourite was created using the Altenew Rock collection inks.  The greys give a very sophisticated look when combined with some platinum liquid pearls.

The set also has a matching die which I haven't tried as yet.  I'll share my attempt when I do!

TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!