Shabby Blogs

Monday 8 July 2013

Folk art tile

Good morning crafters and happy Monday.
 
Today marks TWO momentous occasions.
 
1. The bungalow is finally empty and I hand the keys back today.  You don't know what a relief it is to finally be shut of it!!  I think Jen was worried that it would be difficult for me to say goodbye to the home I brought my children up in, but I drove away without a backward glance or second thought.
 
2.  This is my 100th post.  I wasn't convinced I'd have the enthusiasm for blogging and some days are more difficult than others.  However I'm still full of card and art ideas so I'll keep going while I can.
 
While sorting out my stash and fitting it in with Jen's I came across a stencil I received per gratis at the NEC. It's a 2 part stencil so I took the main square and inked through it with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink before running it through the embosser to gave a faint relief.
 
 
I then placed the star section carefully in the centre and coloured through with Promarkers.
 
 
In my stash I had a butterfly cut from co-ordinations which I added to the bottom corner and bejewelled.
 
 
The final touch was an orange organza ribbon and bow, and a few more jewels, before it was mounted on a 6x6 Kraft blank.
 
 
This reminds me of the art style you get on narrow boats and the like.  Hope you like it.
 
TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!