Shabby Blogs

Sunday 20 July 2014

Happy Birthday Granddaughter

Good morning all, and happy Sunday.

Today's card is the one I made for mum to send to K last week. 


I decided to use a DL blank for a change and go for something a little different to my usual. 


I started with the piece of lilac card and punched a flower at either end and then die cut the butterfly shapes from the middle. 


Then I found the piece of pink card to go behind it and punched the edges with a Tonic punch. 

I cut the lilac card in half and rounded the corners then laid it over the pink card and put a small piece of ribbon in between. 


Then I cut the butterflies again from different cards and vellum to see which looked best sat back in the shapes. 

I decided on a glittery purple and then a lilac checked vellum over embossed silver card. 


Then I used a couple of ready made sentiments for the top and middle and finished the card off with a few pearls. 


If you look closely at this bottom image you can see how I managed to capture one of the pearls falling off as I was taking the photos lol. 


Anyway that's all from me today, take care and I'll see you soon. 

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!