Shabby Blogs

Friday 25 July 2014

Just a note.......

In spite of the name of this blog, you never see any of the catastrophes (nor cakes - Jen?!) So today I thought I'd share a card that didn't quite turn out as I wanted.  It's not really a catastrophe but it's as close as you're likely to get from us.


The clear embossing in the background is too patchy, the stamped sentiment isn't dark enough and the flower should have been stamped on a pale pink card, not white.


You can just about make out the sentiment here, but it's too close a shade to the card I used.  If you look very closely you can see the peony stamped with a watermark pad and then clear embossed.  I'm not sure what I did wrong but it really hasn't worked very well.


The peony was stamped with Distress markers and I forget how subtle they can be.  Still it is quite a contrast when on the white card.


So there it is.  Not the best card I've ever made but I'm sure it won't be the worst either lol :)

TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!