Shabby Blogs

Monday 30 June 2014

Happy 40th


Good morning everyone, I thought we would have a little break from the male cards today, so today's card is one I made for a friend to send to her sister on her 40th birthday. 


She didn't want anything too girly but had seen a card I did before with the pearls and asked for something similar.


This time I went with a black and white theme with blue accents. I started by embossing some white Centura Pearl card with the Sue Wilson Entwined Hearts embossing folder. 


I cut this out with a scalloped square die and then matted it with black card. Then I used the same card to cut a smaller oval shape to go on the front to hold the numbers.


I matted everything with black card and used stick on numbers for the 40. I stamped the first part of the sentiment and then used a word die for the Sister and cut it from blue Centura Pearl card.

Then I went to work with the pearls, and used half white and half pale blue. Then I finished the card with a tiny white bow in the centre.


Hope you like it.

Take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!