Shabby Blogs

Thursday 12 June 2014

Partial Die Cutting

Good morning all, hope your week is going well. 

Today's post was a bit of an experiment. After looking for inspiration from other crafters, I decided to have a go at partial die cutting.

I've had this butterfly die for ages but not used it very much so I thought this would be perfect to fly off the page!


I started with a 6x4 card blank and taped my die to the top edge with low tack tape. Then I ran the top part only through the big shot to cut the top half of the butterfly.


Once this was cut I turned the card around and used an embossing mat to emboss the other half of the butterfly on to the front of the card. Hope that makes sense.


Then I used Faded Jeans Distress Ink to create the sky and clouds look. Once this was done I painted the butterfly with Distress Markers and a water brush.

I found a rub on sentiment that I like in the stash and added this to the bottom of the page.


Now this should have all been done on one card but being the messy worker that I am I got ink on the back of the card! so I had to cut the front off and attach it to another card lol. But it still works well.


Anyway that's all from me today. Hope you like it.

Take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!