Shabby Blogs

Saturday 4 October 2014

1st Christmas card of the year

Good morning all, hope you are well. I am finally feeling better so hope I am over all the infections now lol. Jude and I are off on a dabble day today, organised by Busy Bees Crafts. We get to play with different products while being with some lovely crafty folk. We have 3 tutors for the day and so do three different projects. I can't wait, I am very excited to even get out of the house lol.

Anyway on to today's card, I decided to have a go at making a Christmas card with non-traditional colours. So I went looking for an image to use and colour, and came across this Saturated Canary one called Spooked. She isn't really a Christmas image but I thought she would work.


I coloured her with Spectrum Noirs and Copics and then cut her out and rounded the top corners. 


I used papers from a Melissa Francis paper pad call Classic Elegance, and teamed them with pink and turquoise Coredinations card. 


I wrote the sentiment on the PC and then printed it on to card and cut it out with a label die. I cut the snowflakes from plain white card and then gave them a bit of shabby silver embossing. 


I love this die (It's a new one, shush don't tell anyone lol). It's Precious Snowflakes from memory Box. 


But that's enough waffling for one day. Hope you like the card, take care and I'll see you soon. 

xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!