Shabby Blogs

Sunday 19 October 2014

Christmas tag

I fancied getting inky painty last weekend but couldn't think what to do.  Jen was looking through all the Christmas stash and I decided to use some of the bits she found to make a tag for the tree.


I  covered the tag in papers from my stash and inked the edges.  I then inked through a stencil to add the holly before covering the whole piece in Glue and Seal.

The next step was to add texture paste through a leafy stencil and add berries.  Unfortunately when it came to adding glossy accents and embossing powder it all started to merge in to one piece, instead of separate leaves as it had been.  I decided to persevere and added a simple stamp before getting to work on the poinsettia.


This is the flower stamped, coloured and cut four times.  I left the bottom layers whole but cut the centre out of the last two before layering them all up.  I then cut the stamp a fifth time but only coloured the leaf sections.  I love how it has turned out.


I added some silky crush ribbon to tie it to the tree.  Hope you like it.

TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!