Shabby Blogs

Thursday 31 March 2016

Happy Birthday Joe!

Gretchen Rubin said "Motherhood: the days are long, but the years are short" and I couldn't agree more!!  

Today my youngest son Joseph is 22. It doesn't seem that long ago that he arrived as my third child in less than four years.  He is now all grown and has his own life, but I occasionally wish we were back there still, even though some days were very long :)  

I managed to get a picture of him with his siblings at his birthday lunch on Easter Sunday.


He wasn't very impressed and didn't smile on any of the pictures I took lol!

For his card I used a lovely image from Clearly Besotted called Love You Tons.


  I stamped this on a watercolour paper circle and used Distress Inks to watercolour the image.  I then backed it with a black circle from the stitched circles set by My Favorite Things.


The background is a fabulous Hero Arts stamp called Painted Diamonds.  I stamped this with Versamark ink and heat embossed with WOW metallic brass powder.  I love the effect this embossing powder gives!  I then used the same technique for the sentiment.  


Hope you like it.  TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!