Shabby Blogs

Saturday 8 December 2012

Birthday cards today....

Good morning, I thought we'd have a break from the Christmas cards today and post a couple of birthday cards instead. These are a couple that I've stamped and coloured and I think turned out really nice! I'd love to be able to colour like some of the very talented people out there can, but I get by in my own cartoonish sort of way lol.


This is a Me To You or Tatty Teddy stamp, I think I got this one in Hobby Craft it's one of the wooden backed ones. I liked it as I think it can be used for more than just birthdays.

I stamped it with grey ink and then coloured with Promarkers. I cut the shape out with a fancy die and then added it to a 6x6 card blank with a mat of yellow card and some pretty green paper. A couple of flowers and some self adhesive gems and pearls finished it off.

The next one is a cling stamp that was a freebie on a crafty mag last year. I really like the image, very simple but cute.


I stamped it with a black ink and coloured with Promarkers, I cut this one out using an oval fancy die this time and matted it on to a larger oval and then on to a DL Kraft card blank. I stamped the happy birthday greeting and cut it out using a co-ordinating rectangle die, then a nice silky bow and a few self adhesive pearls completed the look.

What do you think?

Thanks
J
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!