Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 18 December 2012

Christmas Stockings...

I thought I'd show a couple of cards today that I've made for my Mum's friends.
 
 
 
The first one is quite traditional. I've used a Kraft card 6x6 blank and added a piece of quite vintage looking paper to it. I then stamped a greeting all over the paper in random places that says 'Wishing you a Merry Christmas'. I used a metallic bronze ink for this as I think it's very subtle. Then I added the journalling card and coloured a cardboard bauble with promarkers to match the colour scheme. I attached a length of ribbon to the top and finished the card off with a fancy staple and some holly.

A close up of the staple and holly, aren't they pretty?


The next card is quite different. Much brighter and a bit more contemporary!



For this one I used a stamp from Crafter's Companion and coloured it using their Spectrum Noir pens and some metallic promarkers. I mounted this on to a piece of Christmas paper and cut a frame from a co-ordinating paper using a new die I have bought. This one is called the Romantic Song frame and is from the Die'sire range.

To finish it off I added some rolled flowers which I coloured to match and some flat backed gems. A few sprigs of holly and some glitter and all done.

Hope you like them

Thanks
J
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!