Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 9 April 2019

Mother's Day Carnations

Good morning crafty friends, I hope you are having a good week so far. We are off work this week as it's half term for all of the grand kiddies now, so we are off to the cinema today, and hopefully out for some fresh air tomorrow.


Anyway, today's card is another that I made for Mother's day last week. I used the Carnation Signature Die from Joanna Sheen, and cut them a few times from white card and then just the top once from a yellow card.


I stacked the die cuts together with Nuvo clear glue, and then cut the petals out of the yellow flower to sit on top of one of the white ones, just to give it a pop of colour. 


I arranged my flowers towards the bottom of a green side-fold note card and then cut off the excess stems.


For the sentiment, I stacked a couple of Mum die cuts from Crafter's Companion onto a piece of white card, and then stamped the rest of the message using the Avery Elle City Celebrations stamp set. Then I matted this with yellow and green card and added it to my note card.


A very simple card to make, but I love the effect of those stacked white flowers on the green card. 

Hope you like it too. Take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!