Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 27 February 2013

Bits and Bobs

Good morning all, hope you are well and having a nice crafty week. I've been busy making birthday cards ready for little bro's birthday on Friday, but seen as how I can't show these yet, today will have to be a bits and pieces day lol.

Do you remember the 60th birthday card I made for my mum's friend? well it didn't fit in to a normal envelope, so I decorated a little box to put it in instead. It's just a 6x6 envelobox and I added some patterned paper to the bottom half and then a piece of self adhesive lace across the middle and finished it with a sentiment cut from a free papers booklet. I think it looks really pretty, what do you think?







The next thing I have to show you is the bag that I decorated while at the dabble day a couple of weekends ago.
 
 
I started with the plain cotton bag and then stamped white acrylic paint randomly over one side using a script stamp. It doesn't show up very well on the photo's and I did cover most of it up with my other stamping etc lol, but it is there. Then I used some die cut material circles to make some basic flowers and positioned these where I wanted them on the bag.
 
Once I was happy with the placement of those I stamped round them with circle and flower stamps, and I managed to find a little stamp that when used a few times looked like a fence, so I had to use this too. Lol. I painted in some stalks and stamped some leaves and then added the butterfly which was cut from a piece of canvas, that I painted bronze and then stamped with a black Stazon ink pad.
 
To finish the bag off  I stamped a sentiment on to another piece of cotton and then stitched it in the top corner. I'm really pleased with my bag :o)) I don't know if I'll use it or just leave it hanging on the peg board in my craft room though!
 
Anyway that's all from me today, thank you for stopping by and please leave a comment if you like, we really do love to read them.
 
See you soon
 
Jen
xx
 

1 comment:

  1. Your box looks fab Jen...I think I will have to learn how to make boxes because I get a bit carried away with the flowers ha ha!I haven't tried but I'm sure some of my cards won't fit in an envelope!

    Have a good day...Gayle xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!