Shabby Blogs

Monday 4 February 2013

I Challenge Thee - Take Two....

Good morning all, hope you are all well this Monday morning.

As Jude said yesterday, we had a bit of a challenge this weekend. Personally I think it was just an excuse for her to steal my stash, lol, but never mind :o)) Anyway, as I'm constantly bemoaning the missing mojo, we thought it would be a good idea to try and help it come back. Ha, not unless 3 hours is an acceptable amount of time to spend faffing about with a little 7x5 card!!!!! But it did give me an excuse to play with some of my new crafty purchases, lol

In the end this is what I came up with.


It's OK, I'm fairly happy with how it turned out, but it really shouldn't have taken me any more than 30 mins to put this together! I started with a plain ivory 5x7 card blank and embossed two straight lines in to the card top and bottom to give me a centre panel.

Then I layered up some K&Co papers with some plain scalloped edged matching card and after inking the edges I fixed them to the middle.

 
I lost count of the number of different things that nearly went where this circle ended up! None of them ever seemed quite right lol. So I ended up with a plain white circle, which I distressed with old paper ink and then spritzed with mango blush Cosmic Shimmer mist. The bird was stamped on to the same paper as the panel and then aged with the old photo ink, and sprayed with the shimmer mist again. Then I added the flowers, some were ready made blossoms, the others I punched from the same papers. A few amber coloured gems in the centres finished the flowers.


I finished the card with some co-ordinating ribbon, added a flat bow and then a simple sentiment printed on to Safmat and then stuck to a piece of the green spotty paper.


I do really like the colours, very neutral without being bland, hope you like it too.

Thanks for stopping by, see you soon.

Jen
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!