Shabby Blogs

Saturday 23 February 2013

Faux bleaching

Thanks for stopping by today.  Hope you are enjoying a crafty Saturday. 

I'm off on my first training session for the 5km Race for Life I was 'talked' into by my niece Kayleigh.  The race is in Clumber Park in June so we have a bit of time to prepare.  And we will need it!!

Anyway today's card uses the same techniques I used for my first ATC which I shared a little while ago (http://cardscakescraftsandcatastrophes.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/my-first-atc.html)

 
I bleached out some of the ink from the hearts and flowers (using the faux bleaching technique) then recoloured them.


The ladybird is a small stamp I got free on a magazine.  I stamped the image 3 times on to red card and decoupaged it.  The top layer was then coated with Glossy Accents.


I cropped the piece, layered it on to kraft card, then cream before adding to a red card blank.  The ribbon is from my stash.


I think this technique could be used for so many different occasions. It would just be a case of swapping the colours and stamps used.  What do you think?

That's all from me today, TTFN Jude x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!