Shabby Blogs

Friday 22 February 2013

Everything's Peachy.....

Good morning all, yes I've used peach on a card! Now for anyone that knows me they know that peach is my least favourite colour of all lol. I've always thought that it was just so 'nothing' not orange, not cream, not pink just nothing lol. But then I came across some paper while I was having a tidy up in the craft room and I just had to make something with it.lol


So here it is - what do you think? I know I've covered a lot of it up but I just think this paper is really pretty.

I started with the paper which was from a craft mag, and then matted it on to some core-dinations card in a toning orangey colour. I inked all of the edges with Gathered Twigs distress ink and then stamped the script and patterns with Frayed Burlap distress ink.

I found the ribbon in a Paperchase set that I got at Christmas and it just happened to match lovely!

The little bird is one that I've had for ages and it was green! I covered it liberally with Treasure Gold and then highlighted some areas with a brown promarker. Then I gave it a coat of triple thick glaze to seal it.
 
The little tag is a metallic brad made by Dovecraft, tied on with some pale twine. I finished the card with a simple sentiment and the little letters punched from some small letter punches and then stuck on to small circles.I might just be changing my opinion on peach! lol.
 
Anyway that's all from me today, hope your all enjoying your week and looking forward to the weekend. See you soon, thanks for stopping by.
 
Jen
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!