Shabby Blogs

Sunday 10 February 2013

My First ATC

Happy Sunday!  It's cold and damp here and snow is forecast for later - bbbbrrrrrrr!
 
Today I thought I'd share how I made my very first ATC with you.


I've been meaning to do one for ages but just never got around to it.  Yesterday though I was watching Sheena Douglass on Create and Craft and she did a faux bleaching technique which I thought would work perfectly with a stamp I have.


The background is distress inks in Chipped Sapphire, Brushed Corduroy, Weathered Wood, Barn Door and Olive.  It is then overstamped in Antique photo before the main image is stamped with black Staz-on.


The colour is removed by painting the image with water and blotting with kitchen paper.  Once I had enough colour bleached out I gave the card a quick blast with a heat gun and added highlights with a white Sakura gel pen.
 
 
I'm very happy with the finished result and this is one card I definitely won't be swapping.  I intend to do lots more and cover a canvas to display in my craft cave. 
 
I'd love to know what you think of my attempt so please leave me a comment.
 
TTFN Jude xx


1 comment:

  1. Hello. Welcome to the world of miniature master pieces!!!! I love this atc. The colours merge beautifully and the bleached effect is great. Glad you have made your first one, i am sure there will be many more to follow. i often try new techniques out on atc's as they are small. and then not only perfect the technique, but have a great new base for another atc too! Have fun
    Carol xxxx you'll be hooked1

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!