Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 11 September 2018

75th Birthday Card

Good morning all. I hope you are having a good week so far. I am back to work today after 2 weeks off, but what I really want to do is sit in my craft room and play 😏 lol.


Today's card is one I made for my mum for a friend's birthday. Unfortunately, I didn't hear the bit of the conversation where she told me it was a he, not a she!!!!! So after spending time creating this, I then had to quickly alter a different card that was more suitable lol.


I used the papers and dies from the Simon Says Stamp Brushstroke Messages Card Kit from October 2017. I love this kit as it is so versatile, and the flowers and leaves look very different if cut from different papers.


I first wrote the sentiment on my PC, and printed it with the laser printer, and then foiled it with the Minc Machine, using Decofoil Rose Gold Foil.


Then I cut this out with a Stitched Rectangle die, and I laid 3 strips of white card in different widths diagonally across, using 3 layers of each for dimension. Then I placed thin strips of copper card in between.


I arranged my flowers and leaves to one side of the card strips using glue and foam tape, and then popped it all on a plain card blank. I did consider a scattering of sequins, but in the end decided to leave it quite simple.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!