Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 19 September 2018

Have a Whale of a time

Good morning all, I hope you are having a good week so far. Yesterday was my son-in-law's birthday, and this is one of the cards I made for him.


I used the stamp and die set that came with Issue 160 of Papercraft Essentials magazine. I stamped the main image with Onyx Black Versafine Ink, and then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.


I coloured the image with Copic Markers and then cut it out with an MFT Stamps Zig-Zag Stitched Circle die.


I stamped and coloured the whale tail, and then cut a slit into the background image so that I could slip the tail behind to make it look like it was coming from the sea.


I stamped the main sentiment on to the front panel, and then added the rest of the sentiment on to the internal liner.


I added the circle and front panel to a navy blue note card using foam tape. Then I added Tonic Nuvo Crystal Glaze to the sun, sea and whales tail for a bit of shine.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!