Shabby Blogs

Monday 23 April 2018

Celebrate in Gold, Black and Red

Good morning all, I hope you have had a good weekend. I didn't get any crafty time this weekend, but we did go out with my son and daughter-in-law for a pub lunch yesterday, and it was delicious. 


Today's card was meant to be all black and gold, but somehow ended up with red too. It's a combination I don't often use, but I do think it works.


I started with the background and used a couple of the new A6 background stamps from Crafti Potential at Craftstash. I bought these a few weeks ago, and must admit I really like them. The ones I got are called, Quatrefoil and Fleur De Lis, and as you can see, the Fleur De Lis is designed to fit inside the Quatrefoil.


I heat embossed these using Versamark Ink and Bright Gold Detail Embossing Powder from Creative Expressions on to black card. Then using the Altenew Layering Rose Die, from a recent craft magazine, I cut the flower and leaves from gold and black card.


I used an A6 red aperture card blank and popped the background inside, then added the flower and leaves in the bottom corner. I wasn't sure which sentiment to use, but in the end went for the Celebrate word die from Clearly Besotted.


I used the die to draw an outline on black card and cut this out by hand, and then added the red die-cut word on top. Then I finished off with a few red pearls.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!