Shabby Blogs

Friday 27 April 2018

You are my Sunshine

Good morning crafty friends, I hope you have had a good week and are looking forward to a nice weekend. I know we are, it's been another stressful week after mum fell in the garden on Saturday and hurt her wrist and hip. But as she could move all of her fingers, we thought she was OK, unfortunately not, and after 4 days of pain she decided to take herself off to the hospital while we were all at work! and guess what? a distal radial fracture to her left wrist đŸ˜¥. 

Luckily Jude was able to go an pick her up from the hospital, and I managed to get a couple of hours off yesterday to take her back to the fracture clinic. So now she is sporting a rather fetching black and red splint, after complaining that she didn't want to be in pot for our holiday in 5 weeks lol.


Anyway, on to today's card. Do you remember this card  which I showed a couple of weeks ago, where I had used the other part of this rainbow die cut. Well this is what I made out of the remains.


I took the negative pieces from the die and using the positive piece as a guide for spacing and layout, I stuck these down on to a pale blue card blank.


As I didn't want to cover up a lot of the colour, I opted for a couple of simple sentiments.


The stamped sentiment is from a craft magazine stamp set, and the die cut Sunshine is from Simon Says Stamp. I used an MFT Stitched Banner Die to cut out the stamped sentiment, and layered the sunshine die-cut 3 times for dimension.


Hope you like it, take care and have a lovely weekend.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!