Shabby Blogs

Sunday 19 May 2013

Anniversaries


 
Happy Sunday!  I hope the sun is shining on you wherever you are.
 
For Jen and her husband Alan that is the tropical climes of......... Manchester!  As she said yesterday they have gone away for the weekend to celebrate their 12th Wedding Anniversary.  Hopefully they have had a wonderful time and enjoyed getting away from 'normal' life for a bit.
 
I thought I'd share a picture taken at the Wedding.  I keep it on my desk alongside a picture of us aged about 2 and 4.
 

 

Jen will hate me for this - lol!
 
I made loads of cards for the anniversary so that the family all had plenty of choice, but like a numpty I forgot to photograph them!  These are two that weren't sent so I thought I'd share them with you.  Again these are simple Hunkydory toppers.
 


Today is an anniversary of a different sort and not really one for celebration.  Eighteen years ago today my baby boy was rushed to Sheffield Children's Hospital with what turned out to be Meningococcal Septicaemia.  It was a very scary time for us all as the survival rates for this strain are quite low.  We were lucky that the doctors and nurses at the hospital recognised his symptoms and could treat him appropriately.  Thankfully he survived but it came at a cost.  Since then we have had countless admissions for surgeries and illnesses all related to the original condition but we are now moving on to adult services and having to say goodbye to the fabulous staff and volunteers we have met along the way.

I'd like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has been involved in getting Joe to adulthood, something we thought we may never see.  My gratitude for the care and consideration we have had can not be quantified and I can certainly never repay it.  However today I will think of each of those who have played a part and offer a prayer to them for their continued strength and commitment to provide the children in their care with the best they can offer.

Those of you with children stop for a minute today and think of those who help keep our children safe and well.  The doctors, nurses, ambulance staff, x-ray techs, physios, anaesthetists, play workers, kitchen staff, porters, and cleaners, to name but a few.  Without them we wouldn't have an NHS and some of us wouldn't have our children.

TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!