Shabby Blogs

Friday 30 August 2013

Art panel

Good morning all and happy Friday. Hope you are all having a good week. It's been pretty quiet around here with Jude being away ;o) but she will be back later today from her travels and by the sound of it she has had a great few days. 

While she has been away I have been getting a bit inky and painty in the craft room and making a lot of mess lol. But I have enjoyed it. And today's piece is the result of some of the playing! 
 
 
I have made this piece for my daughter as she is redecorating her house at the min and wanted some bits with green on for her hallway. 
 
 
I have used a canvas board and a few different colours of acrylic paint for the background. Followed by black paint for the dots stencil. 

Once all that was dry I rubbed it over with some crackle cream and heat set that with my heat gun.
 
 
I used another stencil for the flowers but this time with Reisen Ferro and then a rub over with Silver Gilt Cream.
 
 
The rose was plain cream, so I inked it with a few different colours of Cosmic Shimmer sprays and then added some Shabby White Frantage. I cut the butterfly from heat proof acetate and then used the Frantage on this too. I think it makes it look quite delicate.
 
 
I finished it with a small silver frame and added Family using sticky letters. I aged this with Distress Ink and then finished it with some more of the lovely Shabby White Frantage.
 
 
Hope you like it.
 
See you soon.
 
xxx
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!