Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 20 August 2013

Tri-fold/Accordian card

Good morning friends. Today I would like to share with you a very special little card I made for a very special little girl.
 
As you know, Jude's granddaughter, Keira, was 2 yesterday, and so I tried to make her a card that was a little different.
 
 
I had seen the accordion cards in magazines so decided to give this a go. I started with 3 plain flower shapes that we happened to have in the stash. I taped them together with small pieces of card just at the edges to form the basis for the card.
 
 
Next I cut some paper circles using the Spellbinders Grand Stately Circles die. This is the smallest of the three. I used these to cover each front and back of the card blanks.
 
 
I added doilies and some co-ordinating papers cut in flower shapes and inked all of the edges with Tattered Rose Distress Ink.
 
 
The images are a Saturated Canary image and a Sherry Baldi 'My Besties' image. I do love both of these designers, I think the faces of the digi stamps are great.
 
 
I coloured them with Promarkers and Spectrum Noir pens and cut them out by hand.
 
 
I added the images to the front and back fold and then decorated the rest of the card with flowers, bunting and a bow. I used a little heart to stamp a sentiment on and stamped it in Seedless Preserve Distress Ink.
 
 
I have since added a verse to the back of the card but didn't photograph that!.
 
Anyway I shall leave you there. Thanks for stopping by again.
 
See you soon, take care
 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!