Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 14 October 2015

Birthday wishes

Good morning all, hope you are having a good week. Today's card was made after seeing something very similar on Pinterest. 


It's all about the paper piecing today. I used two different paper's from the First Edition Man Made 6 x 6 paper pad. I cut the paper to fit a 7 x 5 card blank and then cut the shapes on the guillotine. You just have to make sure that each cut comes from the centre of the panel at the bottom, going out at an angle to make the fan shape.. 


Then I used alternate pieces of paper to put the piece back together, mounting it on to some thick grey card. Then I used the Sizzix stars to cut three different frame sizes from the card and paper and layered those together in the middle. 


I used a small strip of grey card across the bottom edge of the panel and then a piece of white card underneath to give it a nice neat look. 


Then I used a stamp from the Simon Says Stamp Birthday Bits stamp set and stamped it with Tangelo Dew Drop Memento ink. 


I left this very plain as it was for a man's birthday, but it could quite easily be adapted for any other occasion, just by changing the papers and sentiment. 


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!