Shabby Blogs

Friday 30 October 2015

Vellum balloons

Good morning all, hope you have had a good week, and are looking forward to the weekend. I thought we would have a break from the Christmas Cards today and go back to a birthday card that I made last month. 


I used an 8 x 8 blank card for the base and then matted it with dark blue and white card. 


Then I cut three balloon shapes from pale blue vellum using a circle die. First I cut a little notch in the side of the vellum and then left this piece out of the die while cutting. This is what gives you the little 'knot' bit to the balloon. 


I used some sentiment stamps from a couple of Simon Says Stamp sets called Happy and Smile and Big Birthday Wishes. I stamped them with Versamark Ink and then heat embossed them with white embossing powder. 


For the 3rd balloon I heat embossed some stars and then added some dimensional stickers with the recipient's age on, using a sparkly blue sticker to match the card. 


Then I just finished it off with some white twine. Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!