Shabby Blogs

Monday 12 October 2015

Let it snow

Good morning all and welcome to the start of another week. Jude and I had a lovely holiday albeit with a few hurdles along the way lol, but we are back and raring to get started on our Christmas makes. 

This little card is one I made just before we went away. I love the simplicity and will definitely be making more of these. 


I used half of an A4 sheet of red card and cut it lengthwise to make the card blank. This gives you roughly a 4 x 5.25 card. Which is similar to the main US card size. 


I stamped the little reindeer from the Lawn Fawn Toboggan Together stamp set with Cocoa Memento ink. Then I coloured it with Copics. I cut a plain piece of card with the matching reindeer die and then placed this over the top of the deer to mask him off while I coloured around him. 


I used Faded Denim Distress ink for the background and applied it with one of the small round ink applicators from Ranger. Using this technique didn't get close enough to the image for me so I ended up doing a little bit of freehand colouring around him, hence some of the Distress Ink getting on the image lol. 


I have since purchased a Molotow Ink Masking pen for the next time I do this. The snow dots are made with a snow liquid which you just dot on and then heat emboss until it fluffs up like snow. Then I stamped a few snowflakes and snow around the image with a blue pigment ink. 


The sentiment is from a new Lawn Fawn set called Snowy Backdrops and I heat embossed it with Red Tinsel embossing powder. Then I added a small red pearl to his nose to finish it off.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.


xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!