Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 27 October 2015

Cosmic Christmas

I've been playing with inky backgrounds lately, trying to make a night sky effect.  I'll share some of my other efforts later but I thought you might like to see my universe version.


I started by stamping and heat embossing a sentiment on to my card using a shiny black.  I then added different Memento inks to make the background.  I used Pear Tart, Sky Blue, Paris Dusk and Pearlescent Crimson.

Once I had laid down all the colours I sprayed it lightly with water, then Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Mists (Marigold, Egyptian Blue and Patina) and Mister Huey's colour mist (Opaque White).


Once these were dry I added extra dots of white and gold with Sakura pens then embellished with a few sequins.  
At this point I wasn't happy with how the sentiment looked. It no longer stood out so I decided to stamp again and raise the panel on foam tape.  A few more sequins finished it off.

This makes a very modern looking Christmas card but you could add a sentiment for any occasion.  
Hope you like it. 

TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!