Shabby Blogs

Monday 26 October 2015

Hanging Hearts Christmas Card

Good morning hope you have all had a good weekend. It's another Christmas card today, this one I made after seeing this lovely card on Pinterest. Again I used the supplies I have to make a similar card.


I started with a red 4 x 6 card base and then cut mats from white and Kraft card. I used part of an MFT Stamps Blueprints set to add a stitched border to the top layer. 


Then I stamped a branch using Versamark ink and heat embossed it with True White Cosmic Shimmer embossing powder. I cut the branch out by hand and cut the leaves off to leave the branch bare. 


For the hearts, I used a Paper Smooches hearts die and cut them from white and red card. Then I punched a tiny snowflake from one of the hearts so you could see the red through. As it didn't show enough for me, I punched the snowflake again with red card and fitted it into the aperture. 


For another heart I punched a tiny red heart from red card and stuck this to the front. Then I used a sentiment from the Simon Says Stamp, Be Joyful set with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. I used simple white string to tie the hearts on and stuck it with Cosmic Shimmer glue.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you on Wednesday.

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!