Shabby Blogs

Friday 24 May 2019

It's a Girl

Good morning all, and happy Friday, I hope you have had a great week. Today's card was one I made when my daughter was having Willow. In the end this one didn't get used, but it's a nice one to have on hand for work colleagues etc.


I had seen something similar on Pinterest using a stocking die to make a baby boys card, so I looked through my stash to find something I could use.


I found the perfect thing in my Christmas stash, the Lawn Fawn and Simon Says Stamp Merry Christmouse set. I used one of the dies from the set to cut the stocking from cream and pink striped card.  Then I paper-pieced the stripe on top of the cream to look like little baby booties.


I cut a white card panel using an Avery Elle Wonky Stitched Ellements die, and heat embossed a greeting on to this using the Avery Elle City Celebrations stamp set, and Spun Sugar Distress Oxide Ink.


I added fun foam to the back of the panel, and tied a piece of ribbon around the top. This was just a small piece I had left over from a few years ago, which says it's a girl! 


Then I added this on to a pink mat, and used some paper from the stash as a background, before adding it all to a white card blank.


Hope you like it, take care and have a great weekend, and I'll see you next week.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!