Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 25 July 2018

3D Embossing Folder Background

Good morning all, I hope you are having a good week. Today's card is another 30th birthday card, but to be honest, without the numbers and a different sentiment, it could be used for many occasions.


I used a We R Memory Keepers, 3D Embossing Folder in a basket weave effect for the background. I've used this one before but not on coloured card, and I do think you see the effect better.


The flowers and leaves are from a recent Simply Cards and Papercraft magazine, I love the size and shape of them, perfect for focal elements. I stamped them with Tuxedo Black Memento ink, and coloured them with Copic Markers. 


After I cut the flowers and leaves out, I cut the background panel to fit an A2 note card and then laid out the flowers and leaves onto the background until I was happy with the placement.


I stuck the leaves with wet glue, and layered the flowers using 2 different depths of foam tape.


Then I heat embossed a simple sentiment on to black card, using white embossing powder, and finished the card with the black number stickers and a few pale green pearls.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!