Shabby Blogs

Monday 2 July 2018

Practice makes perfect?

Happy Monday!  I hope you've had a good weekend.


This card was never intended to be made!  When I received the recent My Monthly Hero kit, I wanted to try out some of the stamps.  I decided to stamp a test piece and liked it so much I kept going.


I stamped the sea using the inks provided and liked how they blended together.
 I then added the dolphin and mermaid silhouettes.  
Once these were in place it was starting to look more like a card rather than a practice piece. I continued to stamp the clouds and birds in the background to see how they looked.

If this was to become a card I realised I needed to ground the piece. I stamped the hello sentiment and coloured the 'beach' with Copic markers.
I also used Copics to create the sky.


Once completed I added the panel to a navy blue card base using foam for dimension.
I was really pleased with how this looked even though it was literally thrown together in minutes.  It's amazing what you can do when you don't over think a design!

TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!