Shabby Blogs

Friday 13 July 2018

Happiness is........

Good morning all, I hope you have had a good week. Today's card is CASED from the lovely Lisa Tilson over at  her My Card Trip blog. I loved the design that Lisa did, so I had a go myself.


I don't have any Yupo paper as Lisa used, so I tried a couple of different shiny cardstock with the Copic markers, but they just didn't blend at all. In the end I used glossy photo paper, and while I don't think you get the same results, I do still like it.


I used a few different colours of Copic markers and just swept them across the paper, trying to blend them as I went. They don't blend as easily as Alcohol Ink does, but you do get a lot more control.


I also had the small sailboat die from Simon Says Stamp, so I cut this 4 times and layered it together for dimension, then I added it to the background using foam tape.


I used a 7 x 5 aperture card instead of creating my own, and cut it down to fit in a 5 x 5 envelope.


Then I used a couple of sentiments from a recent Creative Stamping Magazine stamp set, and white heat embossed them onto black card.


Hope you like my version, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!