Shabby Blogs

Thursday 12 July 2018

Swinging by

I don't know about you but I love the simplicity of one layer cards, although I often struggle to pull one off.


I have found the one exception is if I use a silhouette image.  The My Monthly Hero May kit was packed full of lovely summer silhouettes, so this card was so easy to pull together.


I used a pale blue card and stamped the tree using several of the small branch images.  These allow you to create a tree that is as big or small as you want.


I placed my tree slightly off centre so there would be plenty of room for the girl on her swing and the sentiment.  I balanced the left side by adding the dog and finished the bottom with the grass.


I was going to add some clouds to the background but decided to leave well alone.  I don't think the card suffers for it.  What do you think?


I finished off the sentiment by stamping 'on your birthday' in the inside of a dark blue note card, then added the panel to the front.

Hope you like it.  TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!