Shabby Blogs

Monday 9 July 2018

Sunshine flowers

Good morning all, I hope you have had a good weekend. I know we shouldn't complain as it's not often that we get really good weather in my little part of the UK, but this weekend has been soooooo warm, it has sapped all the energy from us lol. Not that we had that much to start with ha ha.


Anyway, as it is so lovely and sunny again here, I thought I would share a card that I made for Jude's birthday last week, using the Sunny Days stamp and die set from Clearly Besotted.


If you're anything like me then sunflowers will make you smile too, I just think they are a really cheery flower. This set is so easy to use, as it's a colour layering set, so I stamped it with inks from the Pocketful of Sunshine, and Summer Afternoon sets from Altenew.


Then I used the Tropical Forest set to stamp the leaves. After I had die cut the flowers, I made a base by splattering Distress Oxide Inks on to white textured card, then cutting a panel out with an Avery Elle, Wonky Stitched Ellements die.


I layered the panel on to a black card blank, and then arranged the flowers on top using, tape and 2 different heights of foam tape, so that 2 of the flowers could sit above the flat one.


I used a couple of sentiments from a magazine stamp set, which I stamped with Versamark ink and then heat set with Fine Detail White Embossing Powder from Simon Says Stamp.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!