Shabby Blogs

Monday 16 July 2018

Thirty years young

Welcome and thank you for joining us.
Today's card was made for my youngest Joe to send to his cousin Kayleigh.
Yes, Jen's daughter celebrates her thirtieth birthday today. 
Happy birthday K!


I started by choosing a bright paper and cutting the numbers with Papermania's Carnival Numbers dies.  These had fun foam attached before they were die cut to give some dimension. They turned out like large puffy stickers.

The intention was to have bright numbers on a subtle background, but it didn't quite work out like that, lol.


I took a sentiment strip from Simon Says Stamp and stamped my own 'plaid' background.  I tried to match the colours of the Altenew inks to those in the paper, but it didn't quite work.  I think the brown is definitely too dark!


Anyway, I persevered and I think it worked out okay.  I used the same dark chocolate ink for the sentiment strip and the inside greeting. On the inside it says 'After 30 the body has a mind of its own' :)


I added the panel to a toning card base to finish.  
If I was doing this again I would definitely use paler shades, but it isn't too bad.  What do you think of the final card?
TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!