Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 3 July 2018

Pure Poppies

Good morning all, I hope you are having a good week so far. Today is Jude's birthday, so we are off out for lunch later. I can't share one of her cards yet as she hasn't seen them lol, so today's card is one I made for my "step-daughter" last week, who shares a birthday with my son. It's very complicated lol.


I used the Pure Poppies stamps and dies from Clearly Besotted, it's such a gorgeous stamp set, and I teamed it with a sentiment stamp set from Altenew called Family Matters.


I used Altenew Crisp Dye Inks from the Red Sunset, and Green Fields groups for the poppies, layering the colours and masking as I went along. Then I added a few extra details with Copic Markers.


I then cut around the outer edge of my poppies and raised them on foam tape to a 7 x 5 card blank.


I used Jet Black Archival ink for the sentiment. I like Archival inks for stamping sentiments, as I think you always get a crisp image from them.


The card was still a little plain for me, so I added a couple of different width strips of black card to the top, to finish it off.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!