Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 10 July 2018

Cake! Yum!

Welcome! I hope you're enjoying some nice weather.  Locally it has been between 24 and 29 centigrade for the past couple of weeks and NO rain.  This is VERY unusual for us.


I think the heat has sapped all my crafting mojo as I hadn't made anything in over a week until Sunday.  I sat looking at loads of stamp sets until something grabbed me.  In this case it was the small sentiment.


When I saw this I immediately thought of Trouble in a Tutu by Clearly Besotted.  Why? No idea :)
I stamped one of the images on top of a cake from a Creative Stamping magazine set from last year.


I inked my background with Seedless Preserves and added silver shimmer.  I then cut a circle in a piece of pink card  that was large enough for the sentiment and added a greeting from Simon Says Stamps Best Ever stamp set.  I placed the circle down and marked where I could stamp before layering the pieces together.


I cut and coloured the hippo and cake, then added them with foam squares.  I decided to add some hearts in the background, again stamped with Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide.  I think this, and some shimmer on the cake, finished the card nicely.  What do you think?

TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!