Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 6 November 2018

Polar Bear's Ugly Sweater

Good morning all, I hope you had a good weekend, and are having a good week so far. Today's card was my first attempt at over-stamping an image with a sentiment, after falling in love with This Card, on Pinterest. Although it didn't end up quite how I planned it, it was all good in the end, lol.


I started by stamping the Polar Bear's sweater with black Memento Ink, and then masked the sweater with full stick post-it notes, while I stamped the Polar Bear into his sweater. Both stamps are from Creative Stamping Magazine, Issue 50 stamp set, called Winter Warmers.


Once I had my bear I then found a sentiment that was large enough to go over him, and decided on this simple greeting from the Clearly Besotted, Laugh Out Loud, Christmas Collection.


I masked my bear again, and then stamped the greeting over him using Teal Zeal and Paris Dusk Memento inks. I used the Misti stamping tool, to help me get the spacing right.


This was all looking really good, until I dropped the ink pad on my panel, right near his head 🙅 !!! To say I wasn't happy was an understatement lol. 


But I managed to save the card by cutting around the top of my bear, and then adding him to a teal card base,  where I added a snowy backdrop, using a Lawn Fawn stamp from the Snow Cool set. Then I finished it off with a few iridescent snowflakes from Studio Katia.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!