Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 13 November 2018

Among the trees

Hello and welcome.
Today I have a single Christmas card to share with you.


When I saw this stunning blue glimmer paper in the Tonic Craft kit recently, I immediately thought of this idea.  However it has taken me a while to actually get around to doing it!


I started by inking a background scene using distress oxides in Tumbled Glass and Iced Spruce.  I used both colours for the wintry sky but just the blue for the snow banks.


The silhouette of trees and the deer came from some magazine freebies and I think they work wonderfully.  I wanted the images dark but not black so I stamped both using Versafine majestic blue, then using a second impression Versafine onyx black over the top.  I then blended a little more distress oxide ink over the trees to make them seem more distant.


The frame came from the Hero Arts My Monthly Hero kit from May.  I cut this from the blue shimmer card and then removed the swing that was originally in the middle.
I'm really pleased with how this turned out.  Hope you like it too.
TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!