Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 14 November 2018

Cool Penguins

Good morning crafty friends, and happy hump day. I hope you are having a good week so far. 


Today's cards were a couple I made after seeing this fabulous card from Kristina Werner on Pinterest. Can you believe that she made this one back in 2014 ?. 


I didn't have the exact same stamps etc. So I adapted the design to what I did have, and mine used the little penguin from Lawn Fawn's Snow Cool set, and the ice float from Avery Elle's Polar Pals set.


I stamped my little penguin first, and then masked him while I stamped the ice float. Then I masked them both to blend the background.


I used Distress Oxide inks in, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, and Blueprint Sketch, and I taped a strip of masking tape across the center to work from, to give me the line.


I coloured my images with Copic markers, and then used a Tim Holtz  Handwritten Holidays greeting, for my sentiment. I stamped one in Versamark and used white embossing powder, and the other with Red Versafine ink, and used clear embossing powder.


Then I added lots of snow dots with a white gel pen, and a few gems and snowflakes from Studio Katia to finish.

Hope you like them, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!