Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 16 May 2018

Blooms fill-in

Hello and thank for joining us.  Excuse the pictures in today's post.  I took them at night so they aren't the best!

I'm back today with another card on the theme of embossing.  This time it is a sentiment and a failed attempt at partial embossing that I managed to salvage (but only just) lol.


I used the fabulous blooms fill-in die from Concord and 9th for the main body of the card.  I used various coloured inks from Altenew to stamp the flowers. I then tried to add Versamark just to the centres and dotted areas of the flowers, and the small leaf branches.


I did this with a Versamark pen but when I added the embossing powder and heat set it, it looked really bad!  It didn't make the statement I wanted so I ended up adding gold liquid pearls over the top of the flowers but I couldn't do anything about the leaves.  Luckily it doesn't show up too much ;)


The sentiment is a long strip stamp from Simon Says Stamp.  I embossed it with gold powder and cut into three smaller sections.  I wanted something a little different and I think this works.  What do you think?

See you again on Friday.  TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!