Shabby Blogs

Monday 21 May 2018

Belated birthday wishes

Good morning folks, I do hope you have had a good weekend, and the weather has been as nice for you as it has for us. This week on the blog, we thought we would focus on florals, so here is my first take on this theme.


As I had been playing with the Brushstroke Messages stamp set from Simon Says Stamp last week, and it was still on my desk, I decided to make another card, but this time using the patterned paper that went with the set.


After A LOT of searching, I eventually found the little flower die, that also came in the October 2017 SSS kit, and I cut quite a few flowers from the papers, and used some Sue Wilson and Marianne Creative dies for the leaves.


This card was for a young lady at work, who we only found out after the event that it had been her birthday. Hence the Belated message on the inside of the card, which is from the Avery Elle set called, Handwritten Notes.


I used part of a sentiment from the Brushstroke messages set on the tag on the front, by masking off the other half before I inked it. Then I heat embossed it with SSS Steel Navy Embossing Powder.


I added a few sequins to the front to finish it off.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!