Shabby Blogs

Thursday 17 May 2018

Embossed with love

Good morning all, I hope you are having a good week. I am continuing this weeks theme of Embossing, but today I'm highlighting dry embossing using an embossing folder.


I chose the materials for today's card so that the embossing would really stand out, so although I won't say it's my favourite combination, I don't think it turned out too badly.


I started by putting a piece of an XCut Adhesive Metal Effect Sheet in to an flower border 6 x 4 embossing folder, not sure where this one came from, so it was probably a magazine freebie.


I ran it through the Bigshot and then i cut around the shaped border so that I could place it on a black note card and you would see some of the card behind. I just wanted to make sure there was plenty of the black on show to calm down the bright gold metal effect. 


I added the Altenew Layering Die Cut Roses, which I had cut from black and gold cardstock, using foam pads, and teamed them with a few die cut leaves also in black card.


Then to finish the card, I cut a sentiment using Clearly Besotted word dies and added this to the front using a glue pen.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!