Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 19 June 2018

Otterly great Father’s Day

Good morning all, I do hope you are having a good start to the week. Today's card is one I made for Alan for Father's Day from our Grandson's. They were staying with us this weekend, so it was lovely for them to be with him for Father's day.


I used images from Issue 57 of Creative Stamping Magazine, teamed with sentiment stamps from Avery Elle and Altenew.



I stamped the otter, and sentiments first using Versamark and Versafine Onyx Black ink. Then heat embossed them with Simon Says Stamp, fine detail clear embossing powder.


Then I stamped the otter again on to a sticky note pad, and cut it out by hand to create a mask. I covered my first otter up with the mask and stamped the grassy beds behind him.


I used Zig Clean Colour Real Brush pens, along with a water brush to colour the otter, and then decided to leave the rest of the card plain. I was going to watercolour a background, but I liked the monochromatic look, so left it alone.


Then I just cut the panel down slightly and put it on to a light tan card blank.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!