Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 6 June 2018

Silhouette sky

Happy Wednesday folks.  Hope you're having a good week.

Today's card features the May 2018 card kit from Hero Arts.  I love how they have started adding larger dies to these kits and I just had to use this one first when I opened the packet.


I cut a piece of black card with the stitched wonky rectangle die from MFT then placed the silhouette die in the centre.  This cut really well even on the 300gsm card I used!


The sky was created using distress oxide inks directly on to the card base.  I blended Broken China, Salty Ocean and Faded Jeans very lightly on to the white card and splashed some shimmer spritz over the top.  I dabbed the excess with paper towel to get the mottled effect.


The butterfly was added after I had assembled the card and I used my MISTI to make sure it stamped a solid black.
The sentiment is from the same Hero Arts kit and is white embossed on another piece of the black card.  I added this on a foam strip.


I can see me using the silhouette designs in this month's kit quite frequently.  Hope you like them as much as I do.
TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!