Shabby Blogs

Thursday 9 August 2018

Background flowers

Welcome back.  I have another card using the fabulous background stamp from the August Simon Says Stamp card kit.


This time I used a dark blue card stock and embossed with Wow clear embossing powder.


The stamp didn't get a good cover towards the bottom edge, so instead of throwing this away I decided to find a way to still use it.
The solution?  Cut the piece down so the missing area has been removed.  Then cut this piece in half and add a black band to the middle.  This was it looks like the piece is big enough for the whole card front :)
This was also the perfect spot for my sentiment.


The image is water coloured with Gansai Tambi Starry Night palette.  These paints are highly pigmented and I managed to cover over most of the outline while painting.  To add the detail back in I used a black gel pen.


I partially die cut the centre out using a circle die, then fussy cut the rest.  
I like how this turned out.  What about you?
See you next week.  TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!